PowerFlex 525 over Ethernet: running signal?.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm programming a PowerFlex 525 over Ethernet for the first time, but I don't have the drive with me.
I need to identify which signal is the equivalent to "running".
My first guess is "Active". In the tag window it looks like VFD_1:I.Active.
My second guess is one of the bits under: VFD_1:I.DriveStatus.

I will appreciate your guidance and if you can point to a specific manual as a reference. I looked at a few and it is not clear for me which signal to use for this purpose.

I believe Active is what you are looking for. When we program these drives and want to Run the drive we give it the start cmd until we see that it is active. Same goes for stop we give the stop cmd until we see that it is no longer active.

Yes, Active means running in this case, meaning that the drive has been told to run. But to be clear, if you have given the drive a speed command of Zero, this bit will still show Active even though the motor is not actually turning. I generally use Active in conjunction with something more specific to the thing I want to be sure of, i.e. the speed is greater than zero, which you would get from the Drive Operational values

You can monitor the commanded frequency and other values by Going to the 525 module properties selecting change located under module definition and adding commanded frequency to the input data

In addition to .Active, you can use .AtReference

There are also .Accelerating and .Decelerating flags you can use. .AtReference means the drive has reached the commanded frequency.