Databasing in PLC and HMI (TIA Portal)

userxyz

Hi,

I need to make something with tables and subtables.
A main unit contains 8 subunits. Each subunit type can be chosen. There are severel main units (3). A complete configuration with 8 subunits defined can be called a main unit recipe.

So how to do this:
Using the recipes in the HMI or not...
Should be possible to change subunits (subtables) and then choose in the main unit on each slot wich subunit to use.

At this moment I'm thinking to make something in SCL with tables... But maybe the main recipe can be an hmi recipe....

Anyone experience with using tables and joining in TIA... ?

For example:
- You chose a Main Unit Recipe
- By selecting the type, depending on that type there are shown 1 or 3 columns from the right table. For each type there is a table.

Hmmm... fun code can be written for this, but knowing how to structure it is the first step :)

Thanks
G