GEM80 to Allen Bradley

Hi all,

I am currently doing a work based project for my university dissertation. The project is to get a GEM80 PLC talking to an Allen Bradley PLC. The option we have decided to use is to use the GEM80 starnet module going to an existing RS422 - 20mA converter, then a KD485 programmed for 20mA - RS422 then in to a Prosoft Module (MVI56E-MCM) in the Allen Bradley Rack.

After much trial and error we have managed to get the 20mA part of the comms working with the KD485 happily flashing away. One issue we have is that the prosoft card is transmitting but not receiving. I have checked through the configuration for the prosoft card and can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
James

Similar Topics

I have a GEM80 installation which I am replacing with a new system (Siemens). It has 8 renote I/O stations each configured with 16 word addresses...
Replies
Views
What are the following rungs doing please |------| |-----|/|---<inv>----DELAY----VALUE----<inv>--------()--| G0.08 A1.06 G193...
Replies
Views
Hi All I need to test/program a GEM80 FIFAC 9274 resolver/synchro encoder card. Does anybody have any information about this card or know how to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Anyone know the physical size of a Gem 80 12 slot Subrack I'm guessing the part number would be 8859-4103. Also has anyone got manuals...
Replies
Views
I am looking to converting the Gem80 PLC logic in to Rockwell PLC. I need GEM80 Instruction Manuals, and documents that help you to understand the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom