A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

So, I can connect 10 PLCs using RS232 / DF1 driver and
10 PLCs using Ethernet/IP for ControlLogix/CompactLogix to a maximum of 20 Controllogix PLCs ?

Is this correct or have I misunderstood and I can connect a higher number of PLCs ?

Simply speaking, what is the maximum number of PLCs that can talk at once ?
Each driver is configured to limit 10 PLCs at a time, but this is a very easy modification to increase the number. In the EthernetIPforCLX.vb file, you will can make 2 small changes:

Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Shared[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DLL(10) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] EthernetIP.CIP.CommonIndustrialProtocol[/SIZE]
Code:
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]While[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DLL(i) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]IsNot[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Nothing[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]AndAlso[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DLL(i).EipEncapsulation1.IPAddress <> m_IPAddress [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]AndAlso[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] i < 11[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Find those 2 lines of code, change the 10 in the first line to a higher number, then change the 11 in the second line to the highernumber+1

The current driver does not support PLC5 because it uses different PCCC commands than the SLC and Micro series. I have been trying to get time and access to a PLC5 to fix that, but not sure when that will be.

Someone had sent me some code modifications they made to get it to work with their PLC5. I have not tested and not sure which processors the code modifications work with. If you private message me an email address I can send you the changes I was given.

Hi archie... thanks for the code modifications that you gave me... i made a simple recodification of the original code with the one you passed me and i finally can read some values of my PLC5/40C... for example i can read the time and date of the plc (file S2:18 to 20 for the date and S2:21 to 23 for time)... i can read a rare value of a timer T4:0, i said rare because the preset is 4000 at 1 second increment and i read -15759, -15798, -15685 and i don`t have idea why of this... But the big problem is when i try to read another file, e.g. F8:0 or B3:0... the code give me the following error: file is wrong size... and another error is Failed to Get Program Directory Size-Command cannot be executed... adding a line i can get off this error but the first is really hard for me...

please any idea for this error... if you prefer i can email you the code modification

It looks good. Thanks for your generosity.
i have managed to read tags from a compactlogix. Both control tags and program tags. Could some one help me to find a numeric data entry key pad on the HMI?

To feltoxXx:

The Timer consists of 3 words. In Your example they are T4:0.0 (which is control bits like the DN and TT bits and other control values), T4:0.1 (which is the Preset which can range from 0 to 32767) and finally T4:0.2 (which is the Accumulator).

You will have to choose your target to the word level. You are probably getting the control word which produces the strange readings.

Hi people... let me tell you that my code modification (thx to archie for saving me) already read every value of a PLC-5 data file... but not all is an easy thing, used my mom to said me, i can`t still read the complete data file structure with getdatamemory() and readfiledirectory() fuctions... i am testing and testing, readig manuals and non-documented files about it but i can`t read it... it says me index was out of bound of the array...

by the way archie... can you help me again??? where i can find the file or data position for the name of the PLC-5??? for example i want to retrieve the name and the code of the processor, where i can find it??? with cmd 06 and func 03 i perform a diagnostic status command... but what byte i have to retrieve from this info???

thanks a lot...

feltoxXx.... Unfortuantely I am unable to offer any advice because I have no easy access to a PLC5. The code mods I sent to you were came from another user of the software. Also those functions you are trying to get to work are the result of a lot of reverse engineering. There is no documentation available that explains the file directory structure. The location of the processor code seems to be the same for all processors I have tested, but everything else can be unique to the processor.

What are you trying to do that you need to perform a ReadFileDirectoty?

hi archie... i want to list the data files that i have in the PLC-5... i want to see them in a list... simply to list all of them... then i want to access to its value when i double clicked them...

it is a very nice project to my university... i am studying electronical engineering... and this project is like a dare for me... i want to get access to all of the data of this plc and then save them to a database to do a data historical...

Hi archie! great software! hats off to you for the effort!!!

quick question: does this also support Wago PLC's? since twincat=beckhoff=wago(used to be) do they still share same protocol? sorry for these questions, i don't really know much about .net

the manual says wago supports the following protocols:
MODBUS/TCP (UDP), ETHERNET/IP,
HTTP, BootP, DHCP, DNS, SNTP, FTP,
SNMP

i have a friend who's more into .net programming and he's interested in developing the comm driver as our little side project... i just don't know what info i need to give him as i am more on the hardware side and ladder logic only programming, please point me in the right direction. i will post updates if we can get some real progress =D

does this also support Wago PLC's? since twincat=beckhoff=wago(used to be) do they still share same protocol?
I have been looking for an answer to that question for quite a while. I even posted it on the CodeSys forums. Beckhoff TwinCAT uses an ADS/AMS protocol. If I had access to a Wago PLC, I could do some wireshark packet captures to see if it is the same protocol.
the manual says wago supports the following protocols:
MODBUS/TCP (UDP), ETHERNET/IP,
HTTP, BootP, DHCP, DNS, SNTP, FTP,
SNMP
There currently is a Modbus/TCP driver included in the project.

hmm, must have missed reading that one in the thread...anyway,
thanks for the quick reply archie!

i'll test the modbus tcp driver next week once i get my hands on the wago controller...will post updates of the results =)

hi archie... i want to list the data files that i have in the PLC-5... i want to see them in a list... simply to list all of them... then i want to access to its value when i double clicked them...

it is a very nice project to my university... i am studying electronical engineering... and this project is like a dare for me... i want to get access to all of the data of this plc and then save them to a database to do a data historical...

You won't be able to do what you are desiring without a lot, and I mean a lot of code.

The I/O server needs to access a specific address. It won't read the entire data table to display.

You won't be able to do what you are desiring without a lot, and I mean a lot of code.

The I/O server needs to access a specific address. It won't read the entire data table to display.

i am trying to do that with reverse engineering... and i so close to do a routine that do exactly the same as RSLinx do... that`s my goal...

only list them and with a double click acces to the value of the data of the file...

i already know where in the memory is located, but i don`t know so much...

i will be patient with this study... hehehe

I have been looking for an answer to that question for quite a while. I even posted it on the CodeSys forums. Beckhoff TwinCAT uses an ADS/AMS protocol. If I had access to a Wago PLC, I could do some wireshark packet captures to see if it is the same protocol.

I have tonnes of Wago hardware lying idle. Would you like some? Unlikely I'll ever use it