Communicating to a Powerflex 700 via Drive Executive Software

SCRUFF

To All -

I have a Powerflex 700 that I am configuring via the HIM, this is a stand alone unit - not on a network. Thus, I am thinking that I need a serial cable to connect to it and if so what is the AB Cable Model Number and where would I actually connect to the Powerflex?

I am wanting to be able to talk to the VFD via the Drive Executive Software to upload/download parameters insteacd of using the HIM?

I believe you'll need one of the various 20-COMM interface modules in order to connect drive executive. If serial is your choice there is a 20-COMM-S module. You can also do ethernet via 20-COMM-E, ControlNet via 20-COMM-C, DeviceNet via 20-COMM-D and so on....

You could also use a 1203-SSS AnaCANda® Serial Converter, or the USB version 1203-USB. This would allow connection from you laptop to the drive, for upload/download of the parameters.

aswilson: I have the 1203-sss and a usb to serial connection cable.

Using drive executive can you provide any insight how to go about connecting and downloading.

In the driver configuration do you select autoconnect? what baud rate? scanport?

I am able to do this but often I run into a snag and have to reboot. any info to compare my method would help.

If I have unplugged the 1203-USB from my computer and then reconnect it I sometimes have trouble reconnecting to drives so I go to the set up and change the com port, press enter and it says that the config failed, I then reset the correct com port and I am then able to connect to the drive.

Alan