How can i download program in micrologix1200

ssana168

Dear all,
I need to download program from Micrologix 1200 controller. I have RSLinx version 2.41.00 and cable 1761-CBL-PM02.
Is it possible to upload and download program to and from micrologix 1200 without RSLogix500?
Please guide me and also provide some necessary steps to download and upload data from micrologix 1200.
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey,
How can i download RSLogix500?
Is free version of RSLogix500 can perform my required task?
My required task is only to download program from the micrologix1200 to my computer for backup purpose. So that whenever the program corrupts, i will be able to upload program from my computer to micrologix1200.

FYI,
You "download" to your processor.
You "upload" from your processor.

From Mickey's post.... THIS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!

Download is when you send the program FROM your PC TO the MicroLoix1200

Upload is when you save the program FROM the MicroLogix1200 TO your PC

Hope this helps

Thanks Bob O and Mickey,
It means i need to upload the program, so that i can save the program in my PC also for backup purpose.
Now please guide me what should i do to perform this task?
Can free version of RSLogix 500 do it?

Can free version of RSLogix 500 do it?

I have never used the free version I but it should be able to do what you need.
You will first need to establish communications using RSLinx and then upload from the PLC to the computer using RSLogix500.

Hope this helps

The MicroLogix 1200 controller requires a licensed edition of RSLogix 500 to upload and download.

RSLogix 500 Micro Edition, RSLogix 500 Starter Edition, or RSLogix 500 Professional Edition will work.

RSLogix 500 Micro Lite, which is available at no charge, supports only the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 controllers.

The MicroLogix 1200 controller requires a licensed edition of RSLogix 500 to upload and download.

RSLogix 500 Micro Edition, RSLogix 500 Starter Edition, or RSLogix 500 Professional Edition will work.

RSLogix 500 Micro Lite, which is available at no charge, supports only the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 controllers.

And you can get RSLogix Professional Edition on sale for the low price of $1350.00 Plus some tax in there.

To program a MicroLogix 1200 controller, the minimum version you need is RSLogix 500 Micro.

You certainly can pay more for RSLogix 500 Starter or RSLogix 500 Professional but you'll be purchasing functionality (mostly the SLC-500 modular controller support) you don't need.

I am unfamiliar with the Rockwell Automation sales channel in Pakistan, though the worldwide distribution locator says they do business through an integrator in Lahore.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/locations/

Thanks to all,
One more question, i have panelview 300 micro and i want to enter in configuration mode to see the baud rate of the panelview 300 micro. I pressed UP and DOWN key at once but nothing happened. Is there any possible way to enter in configuration mode?