AB factorytalk Directory lost

Mr_SF

Hi Guys,

I am trying to set my Communication Setup in factorytalk view ME (V5.00 CPR9) and when I click on the communication setup tab I get a error:

"The connection to the FactoryTalk Directory has been lost and there is no locally cached shortcut infomation.

The Communication Setup editor will be closed"

I have been in to the Directory Configuration Wizard and reconfigured the Local Directory and this didn't resolve the issues. (I can't find a username/password for the network directory)
Does anyone have any other suggestions on what maybe causing this and how to rectify it?

Cheers,

Michael

You will have to somehow acquire the credentials for the Network FTD access (or find out who is authorized to do it and ask him to perform the required reconfiguration).
Do you have Admin rights on the PC in cause? You will need them for configuring the FTD Local Directory.
Otherwise, the only way to mitigate this issue (albeit, without being capable of using the FTD features anymore- at least on the machine running FTVS)) is to cleanly uninstall FTVS ME, the FT Administration Console, RSLinx Enterprise and FT Services(exactly in this order!) and then re-install them (starting with FTAC) this time choosing the Local Directory; again, you will need Administrative class credentials for the PC.

Hi Dmargineau,

Thank you for your suggestion I glad I didn't have to go to those lengths to get it going. As it turned out the HMIserver wasn't starting up (right click on the server and select server status) it was sitting on "Loading" instead of "Active"

After a bit of googling:book: I found that sometimes for really slow computers with lots of background software running you need to increase the max memory which windows has for that type of application hence changing the value of a Registry Key from 512 to 1024 fixed the problem.
The REGKEY which needs to be edited is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/Control/Session Manager/SubSystems/Windows
change the Value Data part which says;
\Windows SharedSection=512,3072,1024
to
\Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,1024

as easy as that!

once again thanks for your suggestion.