SLC500/02 I/O not responding

macevedo79

hi,

my problem is that when i try to past to "run mode"(green color) the processor mark "faulted"(in red color)and in "goto error" indicated a xx94h(0194) error when this error says

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]In the REM Run or REM Test mode, a module in slot 1 has been detected as being inserted under power. This can also mean that an I/O module had reset itself (xx=slot number).

but i'm not understanding very well this error, some one tell me in this error
[/font]he most likely problem is that your actual I/O hardware does not EXACTLY match the I/O modules that are listed in the "I/O Configuration" window ... to fix this, go to the "I/O Configuration" feature and carefully compare the modules that are listed to the actual hardware that you have installed ... note that you must be "offline" to change this list ... if you have to make any changes to the list, then you will need to "Download" the program to the processor ... you'll find the "Download" selection under the "Comms" menu at the top of your screen ...but

i check the slot number and its all ok then i think maybe, but i extract this module of slot 1 and try whitout this and leave the slot empty, later download my program to Processor and try "run mode" and the same problem but now for slot 2 the same error XX94h (0294)

Greetings macevedo,

and welcome to a much better PLC forum ... we can post pictures here ...

macevedo.JPG

double-click the IO Configuration feature ... this is what you should be looking at ... try this first ...

and Ken Moore had an excellent suggestion ... if you post your .RSS file, also give us a complete list of your modules - and the order that they are installed in the chassis ... mention any empty slots too ...

Last edited:
my system

Ken Moore said:
Can you post your *.rss file and a list of the modules you have installed?

That way we can analize your situation without the need for asking many questions.

my .rss is a simple program to probe the I/O, is a 1 input switch in slot 1 activated a digital out in slot 2

my system is

slc500 dh485 link coupler
power supply
slot 0 cpu slc500/02
slot 1 digital input 1746-IB8
slot 2 digital output 1746-OW8
slot 3 analog input 1746-NI4
slot 4 analog input 1746-NI4
slot 5 analog output 1746-NO4I
slot 6 analog input/output 1746-NIO4I

i configured well the system in IOconfig

1746A7 / 7slot-rack
io rack not installed
and the list of modules in rigth number of slot whit rigth description.

... did you "download" the program to the processor after you did everything you listed above? ...

Please answer:

(1) yes, I did the download
(2) no, I did not do the download
(3) I'm not sure what you mean by "download" ...

also ... go "online" with the processor ... check the I/O Configuration list again ... is it correct? ...

Please answer:
(1) yes, the list is correct when I go online
(2) no, the list is not correct when I go online
(3) I'm not sure what you mean by "online" ...

question: do you have a "Memory Module" (EEPROM) installed?

Please answer:
(1) no, I do not have a Memory Module installed
(2) yes, I do have a Memory Module installed
(3) I'm not sure what you mean by a "Memory Module" ...

... did you "download" the program to the processor after you did everything you listed above? ...

answer:
yes, I did the download

also ... go "online" with the processor ... check the I/O Configuration list again ... is it correct? ...

answer:
yes, the list is correct when I go online

question: do you have a "Memory Module" (EEPROM) installed?

answer:
I'm not sure what you mean by a "Memory Module" ...

what eeprom? inside the processor card?

I have seen where a bad output module will cause the processor to go into a fault mode. This can be checked by removing the output module, readdressing your outputs to a temp address and re-downloading the program.

if the I/O list is correct when you go online, then a Memory Module is NOT your problem ... I only mentioned it to save us some time in case the I/O was not correct ... forget about the Memory Module for now ...

as Mark said, you might have a bad input/output module ... or the chassis/rack might be bad ...

I would do this to troubleshoot the system:

NOTE: you should always turn the power off to the system whenever you remove or replace a module - or the processor ...

remove ALL of the modules except the processor (you might have to delete any program rungs that use addresses assigned to the modules) ... go offline and set the I/O Configuration list for the correct size chassis/rack and for the processor ... all of the other modules should NOT be on the list ... download the program to the processor ... try to put the processor in Run mode ... does it go into run or does it fault? ...

if you get the same type of fault, then the chassis/rack is PROBABLY bad ... let us know what happens and we’ll check further ...

if the system runs without a fault then:

add in ONE of the modules ... go offline and set the I/O Configuration list and add the module to the list ... download the program to the processor ... try to put the processor in Run mode ... does it go into run or does it fault? ...

if you get the same type of fault, then the module is PROBABLY bad ... but ... the chassis/rack could be bad also ... let us know what happens and we’ll check further ...

add in another one of the modules ... go offline and set the I/O Configuration list and add the module to the list ... download the program to the processor ... try to put the processor in Run mode ... does it go into run or does it fault? ...

if you get the same type of fault, then the module is PROBABLY bad ... but ... the chassis/rack could be bad also ... let us know what happens and we’ll check further ...

add in another one of the modules ... keep trying the same pattern ... the idea is to systematically eliminate each module as a source of the problem ... work carefully and let us know what you find out ... we’re trying to help - but remember - we’re not there with your system ... we only know what you tell us ...

good luck ... I’m offline for most of the rest of the week - but there are many people here who can help you ...

yes the list is correct when i go online. later

i remove, turn off power, all modules except processor(slot 0)in offline change the list for IO config. and put

rack 1746/A7(7 slot)
and de slot 0 put the processor slc500/02 1747-L524

later download the simple ladder program(whitout IO, onli data bit and integer B3 & N7)i go online and the list en IO config. is the same, but when i try to past to run mode the processor failed
whit the error

0153h it say
When going-to-run, a user program declared slot 1 as unused, but slot is detected as having an I/O module inserted. This can also mean that the I/O module has reset itself. An attempt to enter RUN or TEST was made with an empty rack.

if I understand macevedo79 correctly, the online I/O Configuration table correctly shows that the processor is the only thing in the chassis/rack ... but the processor faults anyway ... and the error code says that the fault was caused a module being present ... even though all of the modules are actually removed ...

this sounds like a bad chassis/rack to me ... anybody else got any other ideas? ...

macevedo79 ... do you have any way of substituting another chassis/rack? ...

realy may inform to my university for replace but this take a long time and i want to use the slc500 for my last professional proyect in the university.

then ou think that the moust probably error is a bad chassis/rack
how i can be sure of this
do you recommend me call for tech support

ron, the error 0153 say too An attempt to enter RUN or TEST was made with an empty rack. it is logic too because the rack is empty

Last edited:
widelto said:
macevedo:

Try downloading and running different programs with different boards each time in diferent slots until you find what is causing the problem.

como vas widelto, oye no se si resultar'a lo que me pusiste porque hice lo q me dijo ron de sacar todos los modulos y dejar solo el procesador y descargue un programa q tenia solo referencias de bits B3 y enteros N7 y aun asi el procesador me tiro error, que opinas.