Absolute cheapest Remote IO ?

passwordg

What are some reliable but low cost options for an ethernetIP based remote IO you can get ?

I need a few to communicate with a Rockwell contrologix PLC over ethernet.

There is a huge world outside of planet Rockwell, you know :)

PS Check out Beckhoff EIP coupler and terminals.

That is what I'm currently integrating with an AB machine right now. And I certainly agree......there's a whole lot more outside Rockwell and a helluva lot cheaper with equal or better performance. 🍻

Last edited:
The best IMO is Murrelektronik. I think at one point I could buy a bus node for ~$300 with 8 inputs, and add 32 more for another $150.

They have both Cube20 (inside a panel) and Cube 67 (outside the panel) versions.

If you just need a few I/O, the Turck blocks are pretty decent

That Ethernet/IP busmodule from AD sure looks a lot like the similar type from Beckhoff:
https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...s_x_i-z-o/protos_x_i-z-o_bus_couplers/px-eip1
https://beckhoff.de/german/bus_terminal/bk9055.htm?id=201539111686240

Apart from that, any remote i/o that uses cage-clamp terminals get a (y) from me.
Push-in terminals are becoming the new standard, and I just hate them :angr:

I think the Basic Ethernet does not include a backup battery for program data. This might not matter if it is configured as an Ethernet adapter, but I have always gone with the Standard Ethernet Clicks (with battery) when we have used them. I personally have not set one up as an Ethernet adapter yet.

The OP asked for Ethernet/IP remote i/o. Granted he said "ethernet" but since it is "for a ControlLogix" he must mean Ethernet/IP.
These AD c0 PLCs are PLCs not remote i/o.
They specs says about Ethernet/IP:
EtherNet/IP explicit messaging adapter
EtherNet/IP implicit messaging adapter
Does that mean they can be operated as remote i/o for an Ethernet/IP controller ?