Factory Talk ME to RSLogix Emulate 5000 communication

Im also facing the same problem...

Hello,
I'm trying to build HMI screens on FactoryTalk View ME, for a RSLogix 5000 program.
The program is downloaded to RSLogix Emulate 5000, and is running successfully.
I opened FactoryTalk View ME, started a new project, opened Communications Setup, created a new shortcut called 'PLC', pointed the Design(Local) path to the Emulator controller.
I then hit 'Verify', and everything looks ok.
Now, I created a new display, threw in a circle, right-clicked, Animation, Color, Tag browser.
In the Tag Browser, I notice a dropdown for my shortcut, called 'PLC'.
The folder called 'Online' is supposed to list all my controller tags. However, it is BLANK!
So what did I miss? How do I get the controller tags to appear there? The controller tags definitely exist in the PLC.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much!

i also hv same problem, i tried so many things bt its still not showing the tags in that folder.
thanx in advance....
:cry::cry::cry:

Demo.jpg

A few suggestions...

Make sure that you are communicating with the processor. Linx Enterprise (used in ViewME) will sometimes show you devices even though you don't have comms to them. Try pinging the IP address or looking in Linx Classic to make sure you can actively browse the processor from your station. If you can't, figure out why.

After you configure the shortcut (PLC) in the communications setup in ViewME, make sure you click the "Copy from design to runtime" button.

If both of those things are done and you still don't see tags, go back into the tag browser window and click the "refresh all folders" button.

Let me know if you still have trouble after those suggestions.

Problem solved on my end as well... I accidentally deleted slot 1 of the emulator and had to reinstall FactoryTalk View Studio ME in order for it to show back up. After that all of my tags showed up in the online folder.