Hello

Meyers Mills

I want a free plc programming software that is available for download onto laptop or pen drive.
I have read books at length, I want to do some simulation

Automation Direct has more than one program for free. Their Click line, Do-More version of their 240 PLC line, and Productivity Suite.

Plus, without a license, their DirectSoft runs with a 100 word limit for small programs.

And their small C-More HMI's software is free.

Aabeck,
I would really appreciate if you could provide the link for the Automation Direct website. This afternoon, I tried unsuccessfully downloading from a different plc manufacturer website with little success.
Thanks

Aabeck,
I would really appreciate if you could provide the link for the Automation Direct website. This afternoon, I tried unsuccessfully downloading from a different plc manufacturer website with little success.
Thanks

Click on the link in my response (Automation Direct)

It will come up with their search page for all their PLC software.

From there you can search for the C-More micro HMI software if you want that.

EDIT: The prices shown are for the CD versions, you can click on the software and download free.

If you're the type of person that reads books about PLCs, you're probably going to want to use CODESYS.

I'll second that.
You can even get runtimes for various SBCs, for example the Raspberry Pi.
This means you can hook up various devices to the GPIO pins and manipulate them in your program.
This could for example be a temperature transmitter that is available on ebay for next to nothing.

I have just downloaded Do more PLC programming software :clicksoftware _v250 .It is in my download folder, I need help in installing it on my laptop. How do proceed?
Help