Communications, IP address, stratix 6000 switch

plcisgreat

I'm having a hard time with communications. I have 1761-net-eni networked to a stratix 6000 switch. Can I access the network by connecting my PC through RSLinx and through the stratix 6000 switch? How do i setup the IP address in Linx and the laptop?
The IP address labeled on the side of the 1761-net-eni is
00204A8A9331. If that is the IP address, wouldn't "A" be part of hexadecimal. Like I said, communcations, IP addressing is out of my comfort zone.

That address is a hardware identifier called a "MAC ID", and you associate an IP address with it.

The simplest way to do that is to connect both your computer and the 1761-NET-ENI to the switch and use the BOOTP-DHCP Server utility that comes with RSLinx and RSLogix to watch for the NET-ENI announcing its BOOTP requests onto the network, then assign the NET-ENI an address.

The other method is to use the NET-ENI's serial utility to set up the module using the serial port and a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable.

But very first, you need to make sure that you have an appropriate IP address assigned to your computer's Ethernet adapter.