How to edit RSVIew SE alarm log file??

briana banks

Hi All

I have tried using excel - deleted few rows and save it as
.dbf file,rename it as .dat file.
but the alarm log viewer cant open the edited file.

what can i do?
Is there any utility that can let edit the log file?

the RSView Enterprise File Viewer can only view and save the file

Thanks

Last edited:
It sounds like you are trying to edit a database file with excel. I can see how this would be a problem since Excel is a spread sheet application and not a database.

If any Office app could do it, it would be Access. SQL is a standard database format that should work with anything that uses databases, but we're talking about two companys that don't exactly embrace open standards...without extending them of course.

Give Access a try.

Good luck.