SLC 504 not communicating after the power shutdown

austi

Hi,

I am having an issue on one of my station. It won't communicate after the power shutdown. If we cycle the power it is communicating , but I have to do the download to clear the error. Basically every other power cycling it is communicating. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Austi

next time before downloading do an upload and go to the offline/online drop down box and select go to error not clear error and see what the fault is.

I am using 1784- PKTX card to communicating to our PLC. We have another 16 stations same. I have swapped the card and computer no improvement. I have swapped the new processor, no improvement. Please let me know anyone had this issue before.
Thanks

It won't upload since it lost the communication. Then I have to cycle the power to SLC, then the green light will on on the processor.
Thanks

faulting could be a bad rack (I have had this) Try re seating all the cards. Apparently you are loosing the comm's on a fault as it reverts back to default comm's. I had this with ethernet on one SLC and ended up changing the rack, I changed power supply first since that can also cause processor to fault. My problem arose like yours it would fault on a power up after being down, Run fine once reloaded as long as power was on.

I don't suppose there is a battery in the SLC which has gone bad . . .

Battery goes bad . . lose power (shut down) and no program, no settings, etc. etc. when power comes back.

Poet.