RS232 Comms S7 WinAC & WinCC Flex

CharlesM

I may have to pass some information back and forth with another machine using RS232 and I don't know the best way to go. I have WinAC running on a PC with WinCC Flex for an HMI. Should I use Flexible and try to go to the com port inside VB script? Or should I look at using WinAC and talk to it from the plc side. Everything I have done with Siemens so far has been on Profibus so I am not sure the best way to go. I would think that WinCC Flexible would be the best way to go. Any suggestions?

Similar Topics

Hello, I man trying to use a redlion DA10 converter to read data from a Bronkhorst mini cori flow meter over rs232. I cant seem to get the...
Replies
Views
I have camera software which uses a keyboard to navigate, zoom move ect through serial. I want to be able to replace the keyboard for a PLC so I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Just wondering if anyone has succesfully read barcode data from these barcode scanners to a plc via rs232 or rs485? If so do you guys have...
Replies
Views
I am having trouble with communication between my micrologix 1000 and my magelis HMIGTO5310 touchscreen i have added the allen bradley df1 driver...
Replies
Views
So i have this application where I have to read/write from/to the serial port. Write has worked fine so far, but it is reading that I have issues...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom