Communication between Studio 5000 View Designer Emulator and EmuLogix Controller

Is it possible to communicate the Studio 5000 Logix View Emulator and Emulogix 5868?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I created a program with 3 tags In1, In2 and Out (if In1 and In2 then out) and I downloaded it to my Emulogix 5868 (I'm using Studio 5000 logix designer V32 and Studio 5000 logix emulate) .
I created a display with "Studio 5000 View designer" and I added a Numeric display to show the value of the tag "Out".
Since I donc have an HMI I used the "emulator of the Studio 5000 View designer".
when I run the application the Numeric display become Red showing an error "BAN Controller Status Indicator Not Supported on Windows" "Enable to reach the controller emulate"

Which take me to my question is it possible to establish communication btw the Logix View Emulator and Emulogix 5868? I searched this information in the manual and I found that you can Set the path from the View 5000 Emulator to a virtual controller but when I tried it it doesn't work o_O

It may look a simple question but until now I didn't found the answer. I added pictures to explain more my problem. thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

Capture.PNG error.jpg Capture1.PNG

Hi & Welcome to the Forum!

hbenkaab.takeda said:
...is it possible to establish communication btw (between?) the Logix View Emulator and Emulogix 5868?...

Currently, no...

ID: QA40698 | Access Levels: TechConnect
Studio 5000 View Designer: Test application in development environment

...There is no support for View Designer emulator to talk with Studio 5000 Logix Emulate. If a path from the emulator to a controller is needed, use a supported hardware controller and revision...

ID: IN4624 | Access Levels: TechConnect
PanelView 5500: Connection to Emulation processors

...There aren’t methods at this time to use emulated processors for testing PanelView 5500 applications...

Whether they will add this capability in a future release, I am not sure?

Regards,
George

Dear George,

Thank you for your answer I really appreciate it, Waaaaw I spent lot of time searching in the manuals.
Thanks again no everything is clear.