RSLinx Classic got an "Invalid Data"

Mudi

My RSLinx Classic using ETHIP driver to communicate with RSLogix5000, it can browse the controller but when i tried to read the data via OPC Client the result has "invalid data".

This is an existing configuration and the data can be reads normally before (good), but suddenly the data becomes bad.

I've tried to renew the Topic Name and renew the driver configuration using both ETHIP and ETH driver, i've tried to clear cache but it doesn't work.

any suggestion for this? thanks in advance

Have to you tried another client? There are OPC test client out there.

Also, have you just tried to use RSLinx's Data Monitor function? Can you see good data there?

doing the two thing above will give clue to where the problem lies.

Harry, yes i have to tried using another client and has same result problem.

When i tried using RSLinx's Data Monitor function, i can't see the good data which is empty result on "value" column (attached)

{C76E6503-D6D7-43BC-BCE1-0DE1D0B7597F}.png

Check that your license is valid.
Without a valid license, RSLinx will only act as a communications device between the programming software and a CPU, not as an OPC server.

rdrast, sure there is a valid license using RSLinx Gateway. and i tried to connect to another device using AB_PCIC its working normally and the data can reads good.

There are other clients that report the OPC error. Maybe you can try the Softing sample OPC client which will report an OPC error.

Alfredo, thanks for the advice. The Architecture is RSLogix connected to 3 difference node that have their respective RSLinx licenses and all of it have the same problem that have "invalid data" on OPC Client. Parallel i tried to disconnected all node except 1 node to continue troubleshooting.

I got the messages log when i tried to open data monitor for my device (attached)

any suggestion are wellcome 🤞🏻

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

The problem is with RSLinx or further upstream. You do not need a license for the Data Monitor function to work.

I would continue troubleshooting the network. A few things I can think of:

- ping to the PLC ok?
- Have you reset the card?
- Duplicate IP?
- Are you able to a MSG read from other PLC?

Harry, thanks for the support. this the answer of your question:

- ping to the PLC ok? ping ok
- Have you reset the card? yes i have
- Duplicate IP? no, its single IP
- Are you able to a MSG read from other PLC? yes, its able

Oh after redudancy module has been restarted my hmi client can works normally, but when i tried retrieve the data via OPC Client my RSLinx always stoped working. any suggest for this issue?

Oh thanks for the suggestions, the problem finally solved after restarting the redudancy module and renew the driver configuration. maybe the problem happened because the reduancy module not synch.

Stay safe and have a nice day all!