Control - Data Type in RSlogix 500 and 5K

mrchris76

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

Does anyone know of a place where the pre-defined data type "Control" is explained. I know it sets the criteria that the function will use but how do you set it up. If I don't set it up correctly I think I can fault my processor. I want to start using the more advanced functions(FIFO, FAL, BSR)in my programming but I don't want to mess something up when I could just ask a question.

Sorry if this is a entry level question, my experience up to this point has been more process control (openning valves, temperature monitoring, ect.) I am now working at company that has an assembly line and batch operations which is a whole new level of programming. I have gotten to know the code for the plant and I feel there is alot of it that can be optimized using more advanced programming. I have never had a formal PLC programming class and I am learning as I go. Thanks.

Attachments

• controldatatype.pdf
    244.6 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Each instruction (or instruction pair like FFL/FFU) which use a control structure properly set it up when first invoked and update it as the instruction proceeds. You can read the various sections of the structure but be absolutely sure you know what you are doing if you intend to modify them.