FTView ME Alarm Bug

arkansascontrols

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an FTView ME app that is based on another working app. New->import from old. I had to modify a few displays and add a few alarms.

Everything works except the newly added alarms. I added them they just don't trigger an alarm. So I fiddled with the Alarm database a little, ended up exporting it to XML, reorganizing the alarm tags, deleting the Alarm DB and then importing the organized tags. All the original alarm tags still trigger an alarm but the new tags do not.

Thinking that the Alarm DB was somehow corrupted I created a 2nd new app and tried again, Same response, the new tags won't trigger an alarm. So I created a 3rd new app and imported the 2nd app with the reorganized alarm db, same issue, all the original tags trigger but the newly added ones do not.

Here's the really strange part, all the alarm tags are elements of the same DINT, the original alarms are for bits 1 through 21, the new alarms are bits 22 and 23. They are configured IDENTICALLY to the others. I've confirmed that the alarm bits are getting set in the PLC, and i've put temporary indicators on a display pointing to the same tags as the alarm triggers and the indicators work as expected. So I've narrowed it down to an issue with the alarm trigger. But as I've said, the triggers are exactly the same configuration as the other triggers just the next 2 elements.

Any ideas?

WAG since it's been a while for me with FT ME, but is there a display check box in the alarm set-up window for each alarm?

WAG since it's been a while for me with FT ME, but is there a display check box in the alarm set-up window for each alarm?

Yes there is a display checkbox. But they're all checked. All tags are configured exactly the same. I've actually had this happen before, a few years ago. The only fix I found that time was to manually re enter every tag. I've got a few days before this hits critical mass though so I was hoping to find an easier answer.

It's almost certainly a Rockwell Bug. I can duplicate the problem on another computer with the same version of FT and on yet another with 1 version older FT. I'm running 7.0 on win7 but Even with 6.0 on XP it will do this. And it's not specific to this particular application either. From what I can tell it does it on ANY ME application you create through import, if you have a sizable number of alarm tags defined. Only ME though don't have the problem with SE. But then I don't use the HMI alarms on SE so that may be why I don't have the problem there.

It's perplexing to say the least.

All of the alarm display graphics also have a filter as to which alarms they display - is it possible that your new ones are just being filtered out?

Try creating a new alarm display for testing purposes, put no filters in there and see if your new alarms show up on that one.