PLC & SCADA vs DCS Salary

I'm going to go out on a limb and risk saying DCS jobs are not as common, but likely to be higher paid mostly due to it not being easy to gain experience without having a way in.

I can buy an Automation direct or load Codesys into a Raspberry pi or even download TIA Portal and play with a PLC, but I can't download PCS7, PlantPAX or DeltaV (I can't even find manuals on DeltaV to be honest), to play with it and at least have a bit of opening towards it.

[rant]Although, if you're looking to be hired by an automation giant (Siemens) to work on their DCS system, get ready to be insulted, belittled and offered a **** salary so they can get you on the cheap. [/rant]

Similar Topics

Hi, I would like to know what are the PLC/DCS/SCADA brands that are widely used in CANADA. It would be great if there is some statistics. Thank...
Replies
Views
If one primarily does PLC and HMI programming (say Rockwell / AB products, GE Proficy), how much of a challenge would it be to transition into DCS...
Replies
Views
Hello i am seeking help on a University assignment. The Task Reads, Choose one of the topologies - Star - Tree - BUS - Ring - Mesh and show how...
Replies
Views
i'm new to the field of automation.. can anyone kindly explain..what are the diffrences or similarities between these terms plc dcs scada hmi it...
Replies
Views
U
I would like to know the diff in working principles of PLC, SCADA and DCS. The selection criteria for each of them. Advance Thanx
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom