Power flex 525 control module swap

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
Quick question.. I have a power flex 523 (not 525)

The control module (cat # 25A) looks identical, just doesn't have the Ethernet option.

Is the control module 25B for the power flex 525 interchangeable with he 523?

I'm assuming it is but wanted to verify before ordering one. Thanks

They are interchangeable in that the base unit doesn't care, it is coded to tell the control module what it is, but is agnostic as to whether the control module is a 523, 525 (or 527). The control modules are not the same though, there are more functions and more I/O in the 525, it's not just the Ethernet port that's different. So if you have a 523, you can use a 525 control module and just end up with more than you had before, but if you have a 525 and try to swap out the control module from a 523, you may end up short.