missed a day's posts

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
Any way to reconstruct a day's missing posts?

I usually read new posts once a day.

Yesterday, I responded to a "subscribed thread" email and read through that thread's responses.

I suspect that action "logged" me onto PLCs.net, but I didn't review the list of new posts at that time, I only read the additions to the subscribed thread.

An hour later, I went to do my normal thing - read the "new posts", but there were a handful - 3 or 4, obviously new posts from the time I'd read the subscribed thread, not the typical 30-50 that occur over the course of a day.

I poked around looking for something that might reconstruct the missing posts but didn't find anything.

Any suggestions on how that might work?

Dan

Sometime Phil is playing with the controls behind the curtain.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN! HE'S JUST... the great... and magnificent... Wizard... of OZ...

But, really, all you've really missed, if anything, is the notification. The new posts are here. You just have to go looking for the ones you subscibed to.

There's a little icon on the right of each thread in the list indicating the ones that you have subscibed to. You don't have to respond to get that icon... all you have to do is click on the "Subscibe to this Thread" icon at the bottom of the thread.

Pretty easy to do. I wind up doing it a lot.

Click in like you normally do.

Instead of clicking on "New Posts",

Scroll down and click on Interactive Q + A

Then, you go through the posts (maybe a couple of pages), checking the dates and times on the right of the last postings...

regards.....casey

Last edited:
try the search

You can also use the search function and choose the # of days backwards to list all new posts (ie. threads with new posts in them). ☯

Click on search and use this option:
search1.gif

Does that help?.
By the way, are the options there enough? Would adding 2 days back, 3 days back (for example) help any?

Enjoy,