Wire Label Machine

andydaoust

Hi Everyone,

I'm tired of the Brady label machines. They don't seem very stout. We use heat shrinkable sleeves that seem to wear, rub off, disappear when oil gets on them. I'm looking at the K-Sun machine now. My question is: Does anyone have a favorite wire tag machines?

Thanks,

Andy

My favorite is Kroy for the heat shrink lables. I would not buy direct from Kroy though, they are terrible to deal with direct. The best distributor we have worked with is www.kroydealer.com

Panduit has a similar system, but best I can tell it is relabled equipment from Kroy.

Darren

I've been thinking of picking up one from here:
http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Segments/Industrial_Solutions.html

Look decent, and I can buy about 20 of them, for the price of a Brady. Plus, they do print on heat shrink tubing, and many other relatively inexpensive (compared to Brady) lables. The pro version is about $250 US alone, or $350 US in a kit with a case, PC Interface and software, and some other things.

Our busy panel shop uses Kroy machines.

They work really well (we have 3 of them) but my biggest beef is the reels of shrink tube dont seem to last very long.
We have to buy 25 cartridges at a time or else we run out.

Very annoying.

Kroy makes nice wire labels.

Bardy makes two kinds of labels. There are the printed ones in the IDPro family of labelers and those are not very good at all.

But Brady's Permasleve markers and the TLS2200 marker has been fine for us.

SLC_Integrator, we use a labeler for the panel shop that prints on the Kroy bulk reels (like the size of the tape player reel to reel machines from the 70's). I believe they hold around 100' of shrink tubing, depends on the size of the tubing. The printer is operated from a PC and we use Excel to format and print the lables in bulk.

Darren

Check out Panduit's line of thermal transfer labelers. I have been very happy with mine. I have the Panther LS8E. I paid about $400 USD for it.

dash said:
SLC_Integrator, we use a labeler for the panel shop that prints on the Kroy bulk reels (like the size of the tape player reel to reel machines from the 70's). I believe they hold around 100' of shrink tubing, depends on the size of the tubing. The printer is operated from a PC and we use Excel to format and print the lables in bulk.

Darren

Do you have a link to a webpage or something I can look at?
I may be very interested.

rsdoran said:
The simple solution is use custom labeled wire i.e. the number is printed on the wire every few feet.

We used some of that awhile back on a job... What a horrible mess!!

Much of the printing was unreadable.

This wire had the printed wire numbers, but also had it spelled out -- 22 and Twenty-Two. Except there were times when the number and the text didn't match.

And there were wires where the numbers changed from one end to the other.

Never again........

Wrong supplier is all I can say. Never seen it written out nor could the numbers be removed easily and were on the wire in specific distances i.e. if something blurred the number at the terminal then a foot or less back it would be plain.

I'm interested, what do you do to the Bradys to break them?

We have been using them for a few years now and they seem ok.
One of our contractors has an old one that seems to be battered around a bit but still works OK.

Nothing lasts forever, but they don't seem to be all that flimsy.