WinCC Flex - Import/Export Tags

PeterW

Something simple and stupid I'm sure..

I'm trying to export my tags from an existing project, so I can modify to my new needs.

All help files tell me to go to project -- import/export.

My problem, import/export is always grey, so I cannot select. I've tried it with the project open at various locations hoping it would suddenly burst into life.

What am I doing wrong??

On my PC it is not greyed out.
Dont know what makes it become greyed out.

You can try Options .. Settings .. Workbench .. User Interface Layout .. Reset Layout.

Still the same :( thanks anyway

Trying different methods of import now, only wanted to export to see the format, will have to do trial and error until I have it correct.

What if you create a project from scratch ?
If that works OK, you can try to paste tags and screens from the real project.
Then see again of the import/export is still available.

I tried a new project but that didn't work. Wondering if it has something to do with the HMI type (277 8" Touch Screen).

I managed to import tags at least, by trial and error (finding the HMTL log helped :) ). BUT I can only import the Tag name, PLC ID, Tag Type and Address. I cannot import the update time value as I cannot get passed the array length.

In the Tags, once imported, the array length = 1 for all and the updats = 1 sec for all, it means after every import I would have to manually update the time values.

I'm importing from an excel csv file, if I enter a 1 in the array column it does not import with an error message that an array value is incorrect for the tag type. If I leave the column blank and enter the time in the next column, it thinks it is the array value and error's again.

I'm unsure if I tried putting a comma in the array column, I may try that.

I was wondering if someone could show an example of how the tag csv file should look like, just one or 2 tags would do, providing they are not arrays with different update times, would be grateful.

Most written descriptions seem to expect you to know, a picture is worth a 1000 words as they say.