Logix5562 with DHRIO to 1771-ASB E Faults

bamconner

Hey everyone,

Long time user of the site but this is my first time posting.

I have a 1756-A4 rack with a Logix5562 in slot 0, 1756 ENBT/A in slot 1, and a 1756-DHRIO/C in slot 3. I am trying to drive PLC5 IO via a 1771-ASB E card and am getting faults. Here is the pre-information (referencing Publication 1771-UM001A-US-P - February 2000:

1771 A2B 8-slot chassis switch settings:
1:Off (Outputs of this I/O chassis are deenergized when a fault is detected)
2:On (Processor can restart I/O chassis)
3:Off (Always Off)
4:Off (Always Off)
5:Off
6:On (1/2 Slot Addressing)
7:Off (Always Off)
8:Off (Always Off)

1771-ASB E Switch Settings
1:On
2:On
3:On
4:On
5:On
6:Off (IO Rack # 01)
7:Off
8:Off (First IO Group Number = 0)

1:On
2:Off (Baud 57.6k (this is a test stand setup))
3:Off (Always off)
4:Off (Scan - Off for all slots)
5:Off (Link response - Off for unrestricted)
6:Off (Always off)

I set up a 1771-ASB in my configuration tree and have matched the above settings in its configuration.

Before turning on the A2B 8-slot chassis I get the fault (Code 16#0312) Connection Request Error: Invalid Link Address . CHA is blinking green, CHB is blinking red

When everything is powered on I get no lights on the 1771 ASB and get the fault (Code 16#0109) Connection Request Error: Invalid Connection Size. CHA is blinking green, CHB is solid green.

The bugger about all of this is I had it working about 6 months ago when a project was put on hold. I'm sure its something small that I'm missing but any ideas or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Welcome (officially) to the PLCTalk.net forum community !

To confirm: your DHRIO module is physically in Slot 3, and your configuration is for Slot 3 as well.

Which channel is your RIO connected to ? What is connected to the other channel (and how is it configured) ?

Is there a message on the dot matrix display of the 1756-DHRIO ?

The 1771-ASB adapter object for 1/2 slot addressing should allow an 8-slot chassis to appear as two logical "Racks", 01 and 02. Unless you are using 32-bit modules, 1-Slot addressing is more conventional.

That might explain the "invalid connection size" if you have only one 1-Rack object in the scanlist.

Ken, thanks for the reply. That was the issue. I was getting 1/2 slot and 1/2 rack configurations confused - the way I had it working before was with 2 slot addressing on the 1771 chassis and 1/2 rack selected in RS5000. I got it working with both 1 slot addressing and full rack as well as 2 slot and 1/2 rack. The difference between the two was which tags my discrete IO effected.