PanelView 550 application upload

Earn

Does anyone know how to upload a PanelView 550 application to a laptop, over a network using Panel Builder 32 software? I have a PanelView 550 terminal with a RIO port connected to a RIO adaptor, with two PLC5's. One PLC5 is used as primary and the other as a secondary backup. I have my Laptop connected to the PLC 5 DH+ port. My problem is that I can't communicate with the PanelView terminal over the network. But I do have communication with the PLC5's. I know that with Panel Builder 32 you can transfer using RSLinx Network or Remote I/O Pass-Through. I tried both and still cannot communicate with the PanelView terminal. I checked the PanelView 550 terminal communication setup and the Remote I/O Pass-through is enabled. And the rack address and starting module on the terminal matches the Panel Builder 32 transfer type setup, but it still wont reconize the PanelView terminal. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It seems like I'm missing something simple

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'd be surprised if you could download/upload the application thru a RIO adapter. I believe the RIO pass-thru you are refering to is if the RIO is enabled on the PLC5 itself (you're using those ports for DH+, right?).

Can't get access to the PV550's RS232 port?

Last edited:
See if this helps: http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/E4FADB701D0DEEFB85256AFB0061C728?OpenDocument

In Panelbuilder help there is more info:
Transfer applications using Remote I/O Pass-Through
To upload, download, or verify an application using Remote I/O Pass Through:
1 Select Upload or Download from the PanelBuilder File menu. If you are running the File Transfer Utility outside of PanelBuilder, select the type of transfer: Upload, Download, or Verify (PanelView only). Note: Verify only appears as an option when accessing the File Transfer Utility outside of PanelBuilder and only applies to .PVA files.
Depending on your selection, the Upload, Download, or Verify dialogs are displayed.
2 Specify a path/file name or use Browse to select an existing file:
For Upload, specify a destination file name with a .PVA or .MEM extension
For Download, specify a source file name (.PVA or .MEM extension). If you need to convert a .PBA file to a .PVA file, open the file in PanelBuilder and select Save As from the File menu and enter a file name with a .PVA extension.
For Verify, specify the reference application file name (.PVA extension) that you want to compare with an existing terminal configuration.
3 Under Transfer Type, select Remote I/O Pass Through and click the Setup button.
The RIO Pass-through Setup dialog is displayed:.
4 On the RIO Setup dialog, set the following Scanner parameters:
Scanner type: PLC, SLC, or 1756-DHRIO - specifies the type of remote I/O scanner through which the data will pass through to the PanelView terminal or Dataliner message display. 1756-DHRIO is a MicroLogix Gateway bridge.
SLC Scanner Location: (if SLC scanner type is selected) - specifies the location of the scanner in the rack. Select the leftmost location (typical location of scanner) or specify a specific slot number.
5 On the RIO Setup Dialog, also specify:
· Rack Address of the PanelView terminal or Dataliner message display.
· Starting Module group of the PanelView terminal Dataliner message display.
Click OK to exit the RIO Setup dialog and return to the transfer dialog (Upload, Download or Verify)
6 If you are Uploading a .PVA (PanelBuilder) file you must also select whether the uploaded file contains the current values of the application or the initial power-up values of the terminal, select either:
· initial values set by application
· current values in use by the terminal
7 On the RSLinx control area, navigate to the RIO scanner. Refer to the description of the RSLinx control area
8 Click Ok to begin the transfer or Cancel to exit the transfer dialog.
The Transfer Progress window opens showing the status of the transfer. Click here for a description of the Transfer window.

Sure you can...IF...the original application had the "Pass Through" check box selected when it was downloaded...Just follow Ron's instructions and you should be able to find out. I have talked to one integrator who was fearful of doing this. I, personally have done it a number of times without any problems.

This dialog box can be found by going to:
"Application Settings"
=="Terminal Setup"
===="Comms Setup"
======"Block Transfer..."

sample6.jpg

How to Upload Program file from Panelview 550 to PanelBuilder 32 ?

Hello guys,

I want to replace Panelview550 and put new Panelview550 and I want to upload current Panelview550 program image on Panelview32 so I can download this uploaded file to new Panelview550.

But I don't that How to upload current Panelview550 image to Panelbuilder32 ?

My Panelview550 has RS232 port and It's speaks DH 485 , I have 1747 UIC cable to communicate between laptop and Panelview550 . I use " DH484 UIC " driver in RSLinx Classic.

"""""But I don't that How to upload current Panelview550 image to Panelbuilder32 ?"""

thanks