Problem with connecting s7 319 PLC and PC station

b00c

Hello everybody!
Here is my problem:
An S7 CPU 319 is supposed to communicate via its X3 port to a material flow server through a TCP/IP connection. For establishing connection, the FB65 TCON block is used. The material flow server is located in a different network, a router serves as the gateway between the PLC and the server.

In the following the technical facts of the current setup:
CPU319-3 PN/DP Firmware V2.6
SIMATIC Step 7 V5.4 +SP4
PLC IP address: 10.178.53.41
Gateway (router) address: 10.178.53.1
Subnet mask PLC: 255.255.255.0
Material flow server address: 195.69.6.76
Remote port # (Material flow server): 2000
Local port # (PLC): 0

Establishing a TCP/IP connection with the FB65 TCON block worked well when the server was located in the same network as the PLC (Server address at that time: 10.178.53.250).
Now the server is located in a different network with a router as the gateway. The problem is that a connection can no longer be established with the server in the other network.

The status message of the FB65 TCON is #7002 (= connection is tried to be established) all the time.

The only thing I changed was the new server IP address ( passed to the TCON block interface).
I double-checked all network settings in NetPro and the HW configuration. One remarkable fact is that a similar TCP/IP connection to the server via the router is successfully established by a Mitsubishi PLC that is located in the same network as the CPU319. Furthermore, a TelNet connection from a PC to the server via the router with the same IP address and port number as the PLC works as well.

The router has also been checked regarding any settings that might obstruct a connection, but it appears to be ok as well.

I can ping PLC from material flow server.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited: