Error Mitsubishi PLC Instruction code abnormal

Waffles7

Hello, Guys and galls

I have a problem in my Mitsubishi FX3U PLC, it was showing a flashing red light, the problem occurred by itself as far as I know, so I tried to download the programme out of PLC to try and put it in another PLC and see if the problem is fixed, but low and behold I was shocked with GX Works 2 showing me an error in the programme itself (check attachment), so I did contact the factory who made the machine and they told me that they don't have this software anymore and they cannot assist me (like what ??:mad:) so i hope someone maybe can look through the whole programme and hopefully assist me as i have absolutely no idea how to fix it and techies who i contacted said its impossible to know the missing functions.

PS : The problem is at line 1434 in the attached PDF below.

Thanks for any and every portion of help.

error.png

Attachments

• program.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 26
Searching through the programme it looks like M85 doesn't have an output coil so will never be true, unless of course you have a HMI or some other third party device connected to turn this bit on? If not just delete that rung and your error will go away, now that doesn't mean the programme will work as expected, but if it is not controlling anything that could be dangerous give it a try.

Searching through the programme it looks like M85 doesn't have an output coil so will never be true, unless of course you have a HMI or some other third party device connected to turn this bit on? If not just delete that rung and your error will go away, now that doesn't mean the programme will work as expected, but if it is not controlling anything that could be dangerous give it a try.

Thanks for your reply Neil, yes we have an HMI connected to this PLC, so you mean if i connect them together i should be able to see the missing part ? (sorry but im not experienced ) the programme is controlling a machine that cuts adhesive log rolls into smaller ones, i just want to know, what are the worst scenario that can happen if i just delete that rung?

Unfortunately connecting the HMI won't help with the corrupt programme. What I mean is M85 might be addressed in HMI (possibly to a button) and by removing that line your HMI might not work as it used to. Do you have the HMI programme?

What version of gx works 2 are you running and when was the machine commissioned. I wonder if it's possible you have an old version software and there is some instruction that came out after your version. Even if the company doesn’t have the software anymore unless they are completely incompetent they should be able to give you the original code with comments. I'dtry to talk to a couple people there as maybe the one you talked to was just lazy.

I have known mitsi code to be corrupted only twice.
You need to delete the bad code AND get the hmi program.
If you find m85 in the hmi code you will have more idea what it does.
We can only guess - but being a one-shot it probably resets something.
You need the hmi code before you proceed.

In case of I choose creat a structured project or simple project with tags, I don't download the sourse code into PLC(actually 3U PLC not supported),even if you upload the program successfully, that not mean you can see the full code as you've seen. and I remenble in some old vertion GXdevoloper user could translate ladder program into IL program, in the case you can read the full code. seems that IL lanuage was abandoned in New software.