Missing pulse (x2) detector

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know somebody makes this, I just don't remember who.
Input 1: A pulse train of frequency 'x', and duty cycle of 'y'
Input 2: A pulse train, also of frequency 'x', but a duty cycle of 'z'.
Output A: ON is when
Input 1 is ON for a long time, or OFF for a long time
-or-
Input 2 is ON for a long time, or OFF for a long time
-or-
One of the inputs changed state twice, while the other input changed state only once (dual Missing Pulse detection).

In the old days, I would have gone to Eagle, Dynapar, Veeder Root, et al.

But, in the new days, I would think this would be a DIN rail mountable thing.

Anti-coincidence summer ???/

Is this intended to work with a quadrature encoder signal to detect zero speed and/or encoder signal errors?

Actually, each input is a proximity sensor.
The total time period is ~300 Ms.
One duty cycle is 50/50 - - - 150 Ms on, 150 Ms off.
The other duty cycle is ~ 3% on. In other words, a pulse, about 9-11 Ms in ON length; the balance OFF.

I would and could do this with a PLC - just not the PLC I have. The I/O update is not fast enough, and can't be easily made to be fast enough.