FactoryTalk View ME - User logging

EICS

in FactoryTalk View ME V9.0 i have been requested to log when a logged in user does a certain function (modify a recipe in PLC)

i have 4 users configured, i need to know which user is modifing the recipe and need to write this info "string" into a plc (1756-L73) String variable to send to a scada report. i can handle the string to scada from the PLC

i am unsure what i need to do to write the logged in user of the HMI to plc ?

thoughts please.

Some people run a script that changes a number when ever a person logs in, that number is tracked on the PLC side.

UserDINT !== CurrentUserDint -> UserDINT MOV CurrentUserDint

I don't have an HMI next to me that I could spin up, to test.

The thing I was more curious about, if you have 4 users and I assume they're shared accounts. How are you tracking the WHO?

Some people run a script that changes a number when ever a person logs in, that number is tracked on the PLC side.

UserDINT !== CurrentUserDint -> UserDINT MOV CurrentUserDint

I don't have an HMI next to me that I could spin up, to test.

The thing I was more curious about, if you have 4 users and I assume they're shared accounts. How are you tracking the WHO?

thanks for the reply Van i have a HMI on my bench, i will give it a shot tomorrow !

i have 4 separate user accounts configured so i should not have an issue on that side.

all sorted.

my issue was you cannot create a macro directly to plc tag via online browse. i needed to create a local (hmi tag database) string tag then use that in the macro.