Kinetix 5700 Startup (FLT S02 Phase Loss & Motor Not configured)

phuz

I'm almost finished setting up a new system and have a few lingering issues.
The system:
2198-P031 power supply
2 x 2198-D012-ERS3 axis modules

There are two axes connected to the first dual-axis module and one axis connected to the second.
We have a 3-pole contactor feeding the P031 power supply which is currently de-energized. The three axes, according to Logix, are stuck in Pre-Charge, which would appear correct because there is no 3-phase incoming power. Then I energize the contactor, the power supply faults with S23 - AC Phase Loss 2 and the first D012 dual-axis module says INHIBIT S02 - MTR NOT CONFIG 1. The second dual-axis module just remains in pre-charge.

The AC Phase loss seems obvious, so the electricians will check all their wiring, but I keep seeing the MTR NOT CONFIG error and can't find any detailed information. All the motor data was populated in the axis based on the AB catalog number.

Last edited:
Hi Phuz.

Have you rechecked the motor catalog numbers against the RSLogix5000 configuration?

Are you able to post some screenshots of your error capture?

INHIBIT S02- MTR NOT CONFIG.

Motor is not Configured.

Problem- The motor has not been properly configured for use.

Possible Solutions- Verify Motor Configuration in the Logix Designer Application.

FLT S23- AC PHASE LOSS

AC Single Phase Loss

Problem- A single AC Input Phase was lost while the drive was enabled.

Possible Solutions- Check AC Input Voltages on all Phases.

Hope this helps- and please let us know how you get on.

Did you also configure the encoder?

Built into motor config.
My third axis, which resides on the second dual-axis module, uses the same motor combination and that axis is fine. Not sure why this axis is different.

y_axis_enc.JPG

Last edited:
Are both you 'working' axis and the 'faulted' axis using the same firmware revision?

Feel free to send me your .ACD file and I will check your configurations.

TechConnect page:

Why is Kinetix 5500 or Kinetix 5700 servo drive with VP-Series Motor displaying INHIBIT S02 – MTR NOT CONFIG upon commissioning?

Why does my Kinetix 5500 or Kinetix 5700 Axis in Studio 5000 Logix Designer show Axis State Start Inhibited and MotorNotConfiguredInhibit?

Answer
This indicates that what is selected in Logix Designer is not the same as how drive is identifying the VP motor.

Verify motor configuration in the Logix Designer application. Check Motor nameplate catalog to match Studio Motor data field
If using VPL make sure D+ is blue and D- is white blue. Use the Kinetix 5500 Servo Drives User Manual, publication 2198-um001, Interconnect Diagrams, to check motor MF feedback wiring.
Change the motor to none and download to the controller. Then go offline, select the motor, and redownload. If the error is still there, move to step 4.
Verify that the motor is seen on the webpage of the Kinetix drive. It may be necessary to enable the webpage:
752232 - Kinetix 5700 and Kinetix 5500 Not Opening Web Page
If the motor is identified on the webpage then delete and recreate the axis:
598633 - Recreating a motion axis to reset axis data back to defaults (In another case, both drive and axis have to be deleted and re-added to resolve the issue.)