Omron CX Programmer Remote IO Monitoring

Steve_D

HI all,
I am using Omron CX programmer with a CS1H CPU and a few remote IO racks. I can't find the tags i need that indicate the status of the remote IO bases and slots. I would think there was a stock standard block for this but I can't find it. I just need to show the remote bases are healthy on my HMI. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance

Is this just local expansion racks or is this on a bus system? If on a bus system what is the communication card part number?

Regards,

Most of my Omron knowledge is self-taught and I'm not expert by any means, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you look up the Operation Manual for the I/O unit you are using, there should be a section about Data Exchange with the CPU Unit. Within that section, there should be some subsection about 'fixed data allocation' and 'I/O refresh data allocation'. This should tell you how the diagnostic data is addressed for that I/O unit, based on what Unit Number you've assigned to it.

Here is a link of the Operations Manual for CS/CJ Analog I/O modules:

https://www.lakewoodautomation.com/support/manuals/Omron/W345E111 CS_CJ Analog.pdf

I was also going to provide a manual for the digital I/O modules but can't find a link for it unfortunately.

Hopefully, all this points you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Check the W339 manual, Auxiliary Area Appendix address A401.14, I/O Bus Error Flag.

Should be a moot point as the CPU will go to Error status if I/O Bus communication stops.

Hope this will help.