Motorola Moscad

abishur

I got my hands on an old motorola Moscad. I can connect to it, but I don't have the password so it won't let me read the hardware, or view the programming software or even upload a blank program to the PLC. Does anyone know how to reset a Moscad back to factory defaults so I can do anything with this PLC?

If you have a copy of the program and config you can blank out the PLC and reload the program with your own password. But, if it is communication with other PLCs in the same network it will not communicate with them anymore until you figure out the password due to that being the first level of security on these particular devices. Depending on who programmed it last the password is more that likely "motorola".