RsLogix 5000 Timer Values

nik124

I have 47 timers that I want to change the .PRE value in with one instruction but different values from a saved "SavedTimers" INT[46] array file. Is there a easy way to do this besides creating 47 MOV instructions? Maybe a SavedTimer[46] array? I cant seem to be able to shove the "SavedTimers" INT[46] values into the SavedTimer[0].PRE - SavedTimer[46].PRE in a one shot instruction approach. Thanks for any help.

If I understand the question correctly, a FAL instruction will meet the requirement.

This worked!!! Now I realize if you put the .POS in the expression with the destination it will move your sourced value to each individual presets depending on the Position of the FAL instruction! Thank you so much you have been a great help!

This worked!!! Now I realize if you put the .POS in the expression with the destination it will move your sourced value to each individual presets depending on the Position of the FAL instruction! Thank you so much you have been a great help!

Yes you always need the .POS in the expression to index the destination tag.

What I would like to see is a return of the # (indexed) symbol, because that .POS can make the expressions very long and hard to read.

Example :- SavedTimers[tstFALCntrl.POS].PRE would reduce to SavedTimers[#tstFALCntrl].PRE

In fact, if you wanted to use the .POS of the current FAL control, it could be simply SavedTimers[#].PRE

Now that would make life easier !