FYI - AB Ethernet/IP Device communication stop

Oakley

I happened across this on the AB Tech Support Website:

After 825 days or more of continuous operation, Ethernet/IP devices may stop communicating for 20 minutes.

See P164757202

I've had some run since Jan 02 without modification, loss of power, etc. Granted it isn't doing anything terribly difficult, it still could cause big problems if it was to lose communications.

I would take 825 minutes in a row. But thanks for the info. It is soemthing to watch for. I have lost Comm for not backing out RS-logixs correctly. Basically I just unpluged instead of going offline first.

Similar Topics

I'm using raspberry pi 4b to poll 3 different plcs with modbus tcp and then publish the tag data using mqtt sparkplug b back to my Ignition...
Replies
Views
This is the second time I ran into this. Really stumped me the first time and I had to flash a process back to V19. Only found this KB article...
Replies
Views
Anyone near Chicago and going? if you go let me know how it is... I would like to go this year sometime but I need to make sure its worth the...
Replies
Views
I know people may not get notices... Dear Rockwell Automation Software User: Rockwell Automation is releasing an update to its notice titled...
Replies
Views
Had an issue trying to talk on a DH+ network with RSLinx Enterprise and Classic fighting over my PCMK card. The error message leads to KB article...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom