PLC AB SLC 503 error fatal, acces data files

freepat

I trying to adress to data file x and word x with my full access page on my Panel View 600. It's work well, but when a entry a incorrect word, for example, a integer n7:100 and it doesn't exist the plc goes in fault. I try to unlacht the bit S:1/16 but i can't, the plc is in fault.... What can i do if a want to access in my data files (any integer, timers, float point) and to prevent a fatal error from my plc.. thank you

What is the error? Go online with your SLC5/03 and look under processor
status- error tab and see what the error is. Accessing a data file should
not fault the processor something else is going on here.
Are you reading from SLC or trying to write to SLC?

error_10.jpg

Last edited:
i want read and write. Presently i can't look the processor status, but i know that, the bit Major error Halt (s:1/13) is 1 and the bit status S:43 or s:44 goes 1 when a try to access on data files and word whose doesn't exist