Modbus rtu with rs485

abbas.a.fahes

Dear all
I'm using Siemens plc s7 1200 and I need to implement a modbus server with RS485 to connect sensors to the plc so please if any one can help me to implement this board.
thank you

I think you need a Modbus master, not modbus slave/server.

Sensors are almost always Modbus slaves (RTU RS-485)or servers (TCP ethernet).

If your sensors are like everyone elses, then you need a Modbus Master/client in the PLC to talk to the Modbus slaves.

Modbus slaves can not talk to Modbus slaves. No way. No work-around. They're dumb and silent unless spoken to my a Modbus master.

I'm a Modbus guy, not a Siemens guy. A Siemens guy will have to help you with details.

Go to the Siemens automation support site.
Search for entry id 47756141

Its all there, amazing what a little effort can find.