contact in seimens program

rowens

I am not extremly familiar with some things in plc logic.
I have a program for a 313 cpu has has a contact for a timer that I have not seen before.
I understand timers.
The contact is in ladder logic.
It is drawn like a normally open or normally closed contact.
It does not have the slash line across the bars for normally closed. It has a dot in it between the bars.
can anyone explain this one for me?

Hi,
Click on the instruction you are unsure of and press F1, This should take you directly to the help topic related to it. If this is still no good post a picture of the logic and im sure you will get the explanation you need.

Hope this Helps
Stevo

Hello rowens;
I've just looked through the ladder logic instructions for the S7, and have not found any reference to your instruction symbol. If you have no explanation through the online help (F1), I could suggest you look at the logic in STL; it should give you more information on the instruction used. Please feel free to show us your code: either attach a zipped version of your program, specifying where we can find this instruction, of show us a screen capture.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I appreciate the help.
I only have a printed copy of the program.
I do not yet have the seimens step 7 software to use the online help.
I am glad that this is not something everyone has seen but me.
thanks for the help so far.

Could it be a midline coil? It looks like a coil with a pound sign in it --(#)--. They're normally used to control a bit to indicate an intermediate condition.

rowens

How often has this 'contact' appeared in the print out?

If it is only once, are you sure it's not a misprint?

I have never heard of a contact the same as the one you have described.

Paul

P.S RGB, to me, this is a pound sign £