FP1 C40 Connection

Bartlebi

Hello,

I am trying to connect a PLC (Matsuhita Nais FP1 C40) to FPWIN Pro. I have the programming cable USB 8550. I installed the driver for the cable and I can see that it is installed correct (CH340 COM3).

When I open FPWIN Pro 7 I try to create a project from PLC. It shows that the PLC is in prog mode and after few seconds it displays an error, the error is in german so I translate it: "An error occurred in online mode:Comment memory does not exist"

I used also FPWIN GR when I try to download from PLC to my computer I get the error "42 From PLC : Basic procedure error - Non-supported error" and it prompts "the upload from the PLC was completed successfully.

Does someone know what to do? Am I doing something wrong?

I do not know this PLC, however, I believe it is based on Mitsubishi in a round about way, When you try to upload you may be trying to read the comments that do not exist in the PLC, as I said, I do not know the system but in Mitsubishi when you open up the dialog to read/write or verify with the PLC there are tick boxes in this pic attached, you can see that the comments & symbols are not selected, not sure what your software deals with this but try only reading the program & parameters.

Online.png

Thank you for your help, but in FPWIN Pro are no options to check. I can just press download. The only options I can change are from the interface that I use... baudrate, bits, etc...

A quick look at the manual saw this
 Upload program information
Proceed from the Menu Bar to "Project" -> "New" -> "PLC," to upload the entire project from
PLC to Control FPWIN Pro7.
 Upload program code and PLC configuration
Proceed from the Menu Bar to "Online " -> "Upload program code and PLC configuration,"
to upload program code and PLC configuration from PLC.

It looks like if the project does not exist only the Mnemonic code

Use the correction of program code only when the source program cannot be used for
special reasons. In this case, the program will be displayed on the screen in the
mnemonic format, not as the information of IL, LD and FBD of FPWIN Pro7. Once it is
uploaded from PLC, all documentation information of the program (such as variable
names) will be lost.
I wonder if this is your problem.

Downloaded program

I just tried what you say, I can download from the PLC, but it looks like I cant see the program. The text in the Image says:"The program cannot be created which was found in the network of FPWIN GR in block address '582'."

proginfo.PNG

I suspect that this was created as an FBD program, I had similar issues with uploading a program from an Mitsubishi FX PLC, Because the way it compiles the program, uploading it in the older ladder IDE there were a couple of un-connected ladder symbols (it would not translate into ladder but the code worked ok. Have you tried to look at the program a mnemonics i.e. what we call STL, In Mitsi you can swap between ladder & STL which looks like assembly language there is something in the manual about this
Page 4-16 you have to do it by opening the project pane open Program code
here is the manual link I looked at.
https://www.panasonic-electric-works.com/cps/rde/xbcr/pew_eu_en/mn_fpwinpro7_guide_pidsx_en.pdf
I have no idea if the program will re-compile but I believe if it is like Mitsi then you may have trouble unless you can read the STL enough to make assumptions on how the connection goes in the ladder. on the one I tried I just modified the STL code & downloaded it to do what I needed.

STL.png

As I said earlier, I have no experience of that platform but looking at what you have got it will not de-compile into ladder, is this a working system and are you trying to upload the existing program?.
I suspect without the original source code you are going to struggle.
I have a feeling that because of the amount of NOP's in the code that there have been many on-line changes, this may explain all those, It probably needs spare space to download the small changes without shifting the whole program. There is a mention in the manual about having to eventually download the whole program as the memory gets fragmented.
This is the manual description.
Use the correction of program code only when the source program cannot be used for
special reasons. In this case, the program will be displayed on the screen in the
mnemonic format, not as the information of IL, LD and FBD of FPWIN Pro7. Once it is
uploaded from PLC, all documentation information of the program (such as variable
names) will be lost.
If you are familiar with the basic set of instructions of program code, it is possible to correct an
uploaded program. Naturally, the process is more difficult for a complex program than for a
small program.

Scissor Lift

The PLC is installed in a Scissor lift. The PLC is showing an error, so I wanted to download the program from the PLC to my computer (FPWIN Pro) to review it and search where and what the error is. I already tried to download the program whithout any changes in the mnemonic format (STL).

You need to go on-line and see if you can find out what the error is, I suspect looking at the code that it has lost/corrupted the memory either a corruption or low battery causing the memory to get corrupted, if this is the case then without a copy of the original file your up a creek without a paddle, your only options as far as I can see is get a copy off the original supplier or completely re-write it (not for a novice).

Thanks

Thank you for your help, I wish you wouldnt say that I need the original code :-(.

I will try my luck and see if I can get some information

I looked through the manual and I could not find anything on PLC Errors however, If a fault light is showing then I would expect there is a way to check the PLC diagnostics, all the ones I have worked on have. This should be by going on-line & checking the PLC diagnostics, usually this will give you a list of the errors in the PLC and diagnostic information. i.e. Battery low, Divide by zero, program checksum etc. if it is program checksum or something like that then the code is probably damaged.

self diagnostic

I tried to find the error, if I check the status it tells me: self diagnostics error: "Error code 1: Syntax error: ('Self diagnosis' provides details)"

Then when I push the self diagnostics button: "Error 1 Syntax error in step 4

It really sounds to me that the program is damaged, probably find a lot more but it will only show the first error, as this is in step 4 then it definitely sounds like it would be un-recoverable. Looking at the pic you show of the code there are no actual addresses and it just keeps repeating itself try scrolling down the program to see if there are any actual addresses not just NOP's and OR/