Step7 Project to TIA 14 Migration Help

gandumbas

Hello. I've received a Siemens S7 project file, and I only have TIA Portal version 13 and 14, so I'm not able to read it.
Would someone be so kind of migrating it for me?

I can't upload my zip file, as it exceeds the allowed size.

Thanks

For some reasons, a zipped STEP7 Classic project doesnt play well with some mail filters.
I guess that some of the file extentions inside the project are the same as used by some kind of script language and are flagged as potentially malicious by the mail filters.
For sending STEP7 Classic projects I usually use our FTP server, or Wetransfer.

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't post with my account, so I had to do another one.
I found a way to compress more my file, so I'm attaching it here.

Thanks for all the help

How about that the persons that are sending you the STEP7 file perform the migration ?
If they do not have TIA, then they can download the migration tool here:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/de/en/view/58638200

Since there are S120 drives in the project, in order to create the .amxx file it is not enough with STEP7. They also need Drive ES. Something they probably have since they made the project.

They must use the version that matches your TIA (v14) to create the .amxx file.
You can then load the .amxx file into your own TIA V14 project.