Alarms in History Blocks

kevinddr21

Hello Everybody,

I'm using Wonderware System Platform 2014 R2 SP1 and I can't see the Alarm History in my InTouch Managed Application.

I've tried with different Alarm Client Controls but the message in the status bar is always: "Not Connected". However, when I do a test connection to History Blocks, in the ArchestrA Symbol Editor, with Windows authentication, the result is: "Connection to History Blocks Data Storage succeeded on server TEL3N".

I've made queries to the Events table in the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to be sure that the alarms are being stored in the history blocks.

As an experiment, I've used Alarm DB logger manager in order to storage alarm information in the old A2ALMDB database. In this case, the connection to the database succeed and I can see the Alarm history in the Client Controls.

Please, any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I'm not sure how to use this new alarms storage system. Sorry if the issue is not very clear, any answer is appreciated.

Kevin.

Try using the situation awareness alarm client.

If I remember correctly, then some configurations are only visible when you click on the AEC (Alarm Event Client), this Way you should be able to configure Windows authentication and history blocks.