Beckhoff CX8090 and 3d-party devices

Sergijk0

Good afternoon!

I have problem with connection 3d-party device to beckhoff CX8090. The device is Festo CTEU-EC module(EtherCat).
After auto scan for I/O in TwinCat 2 I every time have an error: “invalid index offset”. After that error the Festo module is visible but I cannot to activate config or to do scan one time more.
The Festo module is connected to X102 port. The ESI file for Festo module is copied to “C:\TwinCAT\Io\EtherCAT” folder on my PC.
I connect my PC to PLC via X001 port. I thought that it was the problem of Festo module but then I connected other device (Staubli robot) and the problem was the same.
When I connect Beckhoff EP23xx modules to PLC everything is Ok.
Have somebody seen similar errors?

I attached log messages for System manager. I don`t know why but first error is not here.
The first error is “Init10\IO: Create TComObj PREOP >> AdsError:1795 (0x703, ‘ADS ERROR: invalid indexOffset’)”
Also I attached .tsm file which I have after scanning and errors.

Thank you very much!

I have used the CX8090 with X101 for ADS-communication but not for Ethercat.

Manual CX8090 page 14:
The CX8090 is a control system with a switched Ethernet port. It supports protocols such as real-time Ethernet, ADS UDP/TCP, Modbus TCP client/server or open TCP/IP-UDP/IP communication.

Manual CX8090 page34:
The CX8090 supports the Real-Time Ethernet protocol from Beckhoff as a master with its Real-TimeEthernet interface (X101/102). This means that the BK9xx0 bus couplers on the CX8090 can be operated as decentralized nodes.

I have used an EK1110 to extend the CX8090 to an external IO-block. There are also other-ones.

https://www.beckhoff.com/english.asp?ethercat/ek1100.htm

In the tsm-file: box 8 has Ethercat-adress 1001 (box 8 > Ethercat-tab). This is the same like term 2 (EL1008).

Manual CX8090 page34:
The CX8090 supports the Real-Time Ethernet protocol from Beckhoff as a master with its Real-TimeEthernet interface (X101/102). This means that the BK9xx0 bus couplers on the CX8090 can be operated as decentralized nodes.
Thanks for your answer! It pushed me to a new thought. After your message I found this line on page 35 in manual:
"6.3.4.2 EtherCAT Automation Protocol (EAP)
The CX8090 supports the EtherCAT Automation Protocol (EAP) from Beckhoff with its real-time Ethernet
interface (X101/102). Data can be exchanged in real-time with other controllers that support the EAP via the
Publisher and Subscriber services."

Does it meen that CX8090 can work via EtherCat only with devices manufactured Beckhoff company?! I can't belive...:sick:

Not being familiar with the Festo module, but out of general consideartions, I should ask: can you check that the Festo module firmware revision and its ECAT XML file match?

It looks like there is something in the Festo's XML file TwinCAT does not recognize.

After reviewing the CX8090 page, the above sounds correct. I have only used a non-Windows CPU (ARM, IXP, ...) a few times and only in a single row (no ECAT coupler). If it were a Windows CPU (at least CX5010 and up), any RJ45 port can be configured for EtherCAT, since just a Windows driver, and generally one NIC is already set for ECAT. Apparently these lesser processors must have the ECAT driver configured at the hardware or firmware level.

The CX8010 is setup for ECAT, so if designing more systems that might be a better choice. The top port handles regular Ethernet, which we term "Office LAN".