monitoring valves on press

panic mode

Hi everyone,

I am about to get involved for the first time with the controls for the press. In few days I should have my press standard (CSA Z142 if I remember). By then I would like to get some basic info from you. In particular I'm interested to learn about monitoring of the valves.
I've found out that valves used for press applications have little appendix consising of 2+1 contacts. How to use those?
I guess they would have to go to monitoring safety relay which then controls ... what?

Regards,

Greetings again:

Press control staarted getting difficult so we started using press control packages. Our first was Allen Bradley which was very touchy. The 2 resolvers required needed to be kept in sync or the press would shut down. They were to be mounted on opposite ends of the crankshaft but pneumatic clutch controls interfered most of the time. Also dual processors were required. We finally settled on the wintriss control.

Wintriss

I hope thjis helps.

thank you... just a week or two ago there was CSA seminar in
our neighbourhood about the topic but I didn't attend since
I didn't know about it and I wasn't avare of the project.
Now I'm trying to digout as much as I can... :rolleyes: