Help with AB 1771 IXE thermocouple card

llano

I am trying to configure a 1771-IXE card and having some problems. When I go to to IO configure and put in the information, I get this message, "Not all configuration data will be written. The size allocation in the Block Transfer Control Block is smaller than the full module configuration size!" It is a series B card and is set up for type j thermocouples, two's complement binary format and temp F. The only problem I see in the program is that the temp is reading Celsius. I set up all the info just as it was in another processor. The PLC is a 5/30 series E-2000files/extended, revision B. Thanks for any help.

Greetings llano

I set up all the info just as it was in another processor.

from the “wild-guess-but-I’ve-seen-this-before” department:

think about when you originally set up your BTW and BTR instructions for the new IXE module ... when you “copied over” the addresses used for either the “Control Block” or for the “Data File” from the existing processor to the new processor, you might have (probably?) overlapped the memory assignments with “already used” addresses ... the basic idea is the same as storing a new .DOC file on your computer hard drive - but accidentally storing it right smack on top of an already existing .BMP file that you really cared a lot about ... oops! ...

if this sounds like your problem, then you should definitely follow Mickey’s excellent advice and post your entire .RSP file ... zip it and post it ... even if this “wild guess” is completely off target, it would still be a good idea to post that file ... we can help, but we need DETAILED information in order to give you detailed answers ...

good luck ... and welcome to the forum ...

Found the problems

Sorry for the slow response, I worked late Friday to get the program running and didn't have time to post. I think the problem was that a Series B card needs 13 and 28 in the block transfer (length?) instructions. Sorry if the terms aren't exact, I'm home and don't have the software here. Once I changed those, I didn't get the error but I could never get the module configuration saved to the processor. I finally checked the IXE card instruction book and then looked at the data file where the configuration is stored and saw all zeros. When I tried to change the bit that controls between Celcius and Fahrenheit, I got an error saying I didn't have write privileges. Somehow, when I created that file, I must have unchecked the write box. I should have known then how the rest of the day would go!