Service charge for touchscreen and PLC programming

saf1zweh5

Does anyone know how much is a service charge for t/screen and PLC programming? how do they charge? is it per screen for t/screen?

It depends on the size and complexity of the programming. If you're just looking a simple program then I guess it could be done on that basis. The alternative is to assess the complete job and then offer a fixed price.

Last edited:
thanks for the link...so a quote is based on how much time spend for programming? usually how much will be charge per hour?

about the time spend on it is based on myself or there is a standard for it? because some prog is very simple so less time required

thanks for the link...so a quote is based on how much time spend for programming? usually how much will be charge per hour?

Depends on your area and the industry, when I work for the electronics industry I charge more then I do when I am working for the fruit, there are a couple reasons why...
1) because they expect it
2) I have to drive further
3) I have a worked in the electronics for 15 years and 3 in the fruit
4) etc

about the time spend on it is based on myself or there is a standard for it? because some prog is very simple so less time required

If you charge x per hr then you will faster on the easier jobs and you will be charging less

I also charge less for jobs that I do not know what I am doing (happens a lot)... I have a customer wanting me to work on a Wonderware system, I will be learning as I go so I am charging less per hr, if it was RSView I would be charging more because I would be much more productive as I know the software MUCH more.

THE KEY... make money, make enough to cover your bills and to put a few dollars into savings, you will need it for a rainy day or to re-invest into your company