WinCC Flexible, Batching works !!! but little question

userxyz

I used the recipe system in WInCC Flexible.

I made a CSV by using export

I make changes in the csv

I used import

When I do SetDataRecordTags to PLC, I do a Delete of the current record that was send to the PLC.

Result = batchsystem, add batches, and remove them when loaded in the PLC.

VB-Script to log to a CSV.

Everything works.

But...

The question is,

I used the Advanced view of the recipe system..., I can choose the right record there. But, it's sorted alphabetic, can I sort it in an other way ? Like the same sequence as been made... the one with the highest batchnumber should become first, so

sorting alphabetic isn't that bad actually, but it should be from

9 to zero and from z to a... inversed

Is it possible ?

I used the Advanced view of the recipe system..., I can choose the right record there. But, it's sorted alphabetic, can I sort it in an other way ?
I don't think so. If you find a way to do it I would like to know.

Also a common problem is selecting the correct record when you have so many. As you add more records the slider on the drop down gets smaller. When using a touch screen this can be hard to move up and down to get the correct record.

hmm

As a batching system, it does work, but they have to scroll down to have the last record, I kinda don't like that...

Do you have an idea how to solve this... In the mean while I'm testing and I will reply if I found something

CharlesM said:
I don't think so. If you find a way to do it I would like to know.

Also a common problem is selecting the correct record when you have so many. As you add more records the slider on the drop down gets smaller. When using a touch screen this can be hard to move up and down to get the correct record.

So is the last record always 1000? I don't understand exactly how your system is working. I sounds like you are moving the data in the top and out the bottom. If this is true then I think the last one would be record 1000. So you could put a button on the screen that would allow them to load the 1000 record any time it is pressed.

I think a while back I posted my recipe search script. I wanted to search all the recipe's and return the first 10 names that match what the operator put in. What I had to do was start a loop that loaded each recipe. When the recipe was loaded I stored the name and recipe number into a text file. I found that when recipes were deleted I would have gaps in the numbers. for example I might have 1 through 10 but skip 11 and 12 because they had been deleted. So when it would not load the number I had it skip past 25 numbers. If it didn't find another recipe in 25 try's I said it had found them all. After getting all the names and numbers into a file. It was easy to do the search and return the first 10 matches. I would show the user the name and number of the top 10 and gave them a button that would load the number they selected.

I don't know if this helps at all but maybe it will give you some ideas.

hmm

I did it completely different as a test...

I used the recipes in WInCC Flexible.

When activating a batch (=record), I delete that record.

That works.

But,

One thing is a little difficult when the data is not in the PLC...

With wincc flex you can export and import CSV. But the recipes are stored in other files.

Problem is, they can make some CSV's with batches and import them locally, but, when they want to add some recipes, it gets difficult.

What If I make the recipe path of the MP277 and the PC Runtime equal and the filename too... will this work ?
I personally think not...

I will soon send my project...

CharlesM said:
So is the last record always 1000? I don't understand exactly how your system is working. I sounds like you are moving the data in the top and out the bottom. If this is true then I think the last one would be record 1000. So you could put a button on the screen that would allow them to load the 1000 record any time it is pressed.

I think a while back I posted my recipe search script. I wanted to search all the recipe's and return the first 10 names that match what the operator put in. What I had to do was start a loop that loaded each recipe. When the recipe was loaded I stored the name and recipe number into a text file. I found that when recipes were deleted I would have gaps in the numbers. for example I might have 1 through 10 but skip 11 and 12 because they had been deleted. So when it would not load the number I had it skip past 25 numbers. If it didn't find another recipe in 25 try's I said it had found them all. After getting all the names and numbers into a file. It was easy to do the search and return the first 10 matches. I would show the user the name and number of the top 10 and gave them a button that would load the number they selected.

I don't know if this helps at all but maybe it will give you some ideas.

Hi,

Batching with WinCC Flexible is possible...

See wordfile.

This is the project that you can download for 7 days:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlDNU1NR3NWRC9IRGc9PQ

It's not finished, but you'll get the idea,

Combo said:
I did it completely different as a test...

I used the recipes in WInCC Flexible.

When activating a batch (=record), I delete that record.

That works.

But,

One thing is a little difficult when the data is not in the PLC...

With wincc flex you can export and import CSV. But the recipes are stored in other files.

Problem is, they can make some CSV's with batches and import them locally, but, when they want to add some recipes, it gets difficult.

What If I make the recipe path of the MP277 and the PC Runtime equal and the filename too... will this work ?
I personally think not...

I will soon send my project...