Mitsubishi SSCNET and MDS-A Drives

NevisGroup

Once again I am trying to figure out a protocol.
I have a machine tool with Mitsubishi controls on it. The drives are MDS-A series drives. I think that they are SSCNET but I can not find any info on these drives. Mitsubishi only has info in passing. My guess is that they were used only with the MELDAS controls for machine tools.

My job is to try to get a modern controller to run these drives. Before I go and tell the customer to junk the machine I thought I would give this a try.

If I can find so info on these drives and the SSCNET protocol I could try to save the machine with an embedded PC.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Topics

I am looking to replace a 2 speed motor with a Servo Motor. Mitsubishi HC-KFS43 servo, MR-J2S-40B Servo Amplifier. I am told I need a Q series PLC...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to get some spare keys for this PLC. Does anyone know a source or have a part number? My searches are turning up nothing at the moment.
Replies
Views
I'm struggling to get an FR-E800SCE to work on CC-Link IE TSN. I'm sure the issue is with the drive, when I plug in the network cable I get no...
Replies
Views
Hi , Where i can find Mitsubishi PLC Card end of line & replacement model details. i am looking for Q02CPU replacement model. Please advice. thanks
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Im trying to set the real time clock in my Mitsubishi FX1N, but it shows this error ES: 01800001 I have good communication with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom