RS Logix 500 - When loading is FactoryTalk Service Platform the same as RS Logix 5000

Rob S.

I am getting ready to load RS Logix 500 on a laptop with RS Logix 5000 installed. During setup , I was asked about installing FactoryTalk Service Platform . Is this the same FactoryTalk Service Platform that is used for RS Logix 5000 ? Will this interfere with RS Logix 5000 any ?

Thanks in advance ,

Yes, it's the same. Depending on what version of the FTSP you have installed, and which version of RSLogix 500 you're installing, it will either upgrade the FTSP or tell you it already has a newer version installed.

However, if it does upgrade the FTSP, it will break other Rockwell products in varied and creative ways. Alarms and events banners will completely break if you ever try to edit a FactorTrash View application for example.

Install EVERY SINGLE PIECE of Rockwell Software in a separate VM.
Seriously.
NEVER upgrade in place, or install more than one application.