S7 400 H system and a redundant CPU

Hi,

I want to connect a non-redundant profibus network to a redundant Siemens S7 400 H system. Because of the data capacity the y-link isn't an option. From the Siemens helpdesk I have been told that you can use a 400 H CPU next to the redundant 400 H CPU’s (totally 3 CPU’s). By doing so all the communication between the 400 H system and the rest of the field (IO, Profibus etc.) are done atomically. No programming is needed and no synchronization issues. The H system takes care for this. This technique interests me and I want to figure out the theory behind this. Can you help? Especially I want to know how the hardware configuration looks like (CP’s, Racks, wiring etc.). Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sierk Goedemoed.

Dear Sierk,

I was wondering if you have found out what to do to get your system up and running. What does the hardware configuration look like?

Kind regards,

RThus