Missing Profibus nodes in the network diagnosis (Video)

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
My Siemens Step 7 education progressed today. I'm getting more familiar with how it all works, but at the end of the day I got stuck trying to upload the drive parameters. The problem: I identified the node address of the Siemens drive in question... Node 18. But node 18 did not show up in Profibus 'available nodes' inside Starter. In fact, neither node 17 or 18 showed up. But the drive on node 18 was successfully being controlled by the PLC... both start/stop, and speed reference words. I have no idea why those nodes don't show up in the network.

Last thing I did was take a short video of the screens in question. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/M_axTScA2hQ